As part of the overall Britannia Masterplan, Phase 2A is the initial residential phase that will provide 93 units, of which 33 units will be intermediate, 48 units will be social rented and 12 will be private for sale apartments within the London Borough of Hackney.
Key Project Features
- This initial development will form two blocks; H1 (Ground, mezzanine and 15 storeys), and H2 (Ground and 4 storeys), bounded by an Early Years Centre at ground floor level.
- Both blocks are heavily influenced by underground site constraints, with the future underground Crossrail 2 lines limiting the area appropriate for tall buildings and impacting on design including foundations.
Core Five Added Value
- Through both market intelligence and careful controlling of costs through the design stages, two of three tender returns 3% under budget, one returned 10% under budget
- Core Five’s extensive residential experience enabled us to propose £530k worth of value engineering opportunities of which £400k was taken forward
- It was essential the budgets were clearly managed. As procurement discussions developed, scope was being transferred between various phases of the overall Britannia masterplan including infrastructure and landscaping into Phase 2a. It was also key that considerations were made to the various stakeholders.