The Doon Street leisure centre is an all electric scheme with 25m main pool and various other leisure facilities for the local community. It is part of the wider new mixed-use development on the South Bank by the River Thames by Coin Street Community Builders, regenerating a derelict site behind the National Theatre.
Key Project Features
- All electric leisure centre, 25m main pool with moveable floor and micro-filtration
- Also includes training pool, gym, various studios, multi-purpose sports hall, members club, and roof terrace.
- BREEAM Outstanding
- Part of wider redevelopment including 42 storey residential tower for 228 homes, courtyard building with 42 affordable homes, and new build commercial space
- Structurally separated basements between each of the different uses
Core Five Added Value
- Extensive leisure centre experience allowed accurate costs to be undertaken throughout
- Benchmarking library used to drive value
- Project development assistance to CSCB
- Life Cycle Costing for BREEAM accreditation