Doon Street leisure centre is an all electric scheme with 25m main pool and various other leisure facilities for the local community. It is part of the wider new mixed-use development on the South Bank by the River Thames by Coin Street Community Builders, regenerating a derelict site behind the National Theatre.
Key Project Features
- All electric leisure centre, 25m main pool with moveable floor and micro-filtration
- Also includes training pool, gym, various studios, multi-purpose sports hall, members club, and roof terrace.
- BREEAM Outstanding
- Part of wider redevelopment including 42 storey residential tower for 228 homes, courtyard building with 42 affordable homes, and new build commercial space
- Structurally separated basements between each of the different uses
Core Five Added Value
- Extensive leisure centre experience allowed accurate costs to be undertaken throughout
- Benchmarking library used to drive value
- Project development assistance to CSCB
- Life Cycle Costing for BREEAM accreditation