Illuminated River is a long-term art installation on an unprecedented scale: a scheme to light up 15 bridges of central London, from Tower Bridge in the East to Albert Bridge in the West, transforming the nocturnal views of the city. An orchestrated series of light works that evolve at the stately pace of the river itself, Illuminated River draws inspiration from the spirit and history of the River Thames and celebrates the diverse communities that live along its banks.
Key Project Features
- World’s longest public artwork, expected to be viewed 90 million times each year
- Complete installation will have over 13,000 connected LED luminaires
- Over 2.5m miles of bridges along 4.5miles of River Thames
- Significant energy savings through new LED technology in place of former lighting
Core Five Added Value
- Separate supply and installation contracts provides greater control and substantial cost savings achieved.
- Phase 1 contracted within budget
- Phase 2 negotiated contract savings of c.10% achieved
- Maintenance, life cycle and post completion cost advice provided
- Tender evaluation criteria subsequently used by stakeholders for other projects