The scheme will see the development of 373 Build to Rent homes in Eddington, North West Cambridge. The scheme is split into 261 apartments and 112 houses and will also see the development of customer focused amenity space on a landscaped raised garden which will encourage health, wellbeing and sustainable communities.
Key Project Features
- The development is designed to achieve Code for Sustainable Homes 5, which sets high standards for energy efficiency and promotes sustainable housing
- The development will connect into the University of Cambridge’s District Heating Network
- Present Made is creating the UK’s first family homes that have been purpose-built and designed for rent
Core Five Added Value
- Core Five is working with Present Made to coordinate the delivery of two separate contracts concurrently, securing specialist housebuilders to focus on the delivery of 112 houses. The requirements of this scheme are then coordinated with the requirements of an adjacent 250,000ft² apartment scheme.
- Core Five has worked with the design team to improve efficiency and generate additional apartments within the same footprint