The scheme consists of three new residential buildings on under-used land to the south of Swandon Way near Wandsworth Town station. All three buildings have double height spaces at ground level for small and medium enterprise, business spaces and retail units. Two of the buildings are connected at basement level, which accommodate cycle parking, refuse store and plant, as well as car parking.
Key Project Features
- The ‘Crescent’ building, which takes it’s name from its shape, is visually unique and helps differentiate this development from many others. Standing at 10 storeys high it has community space in addition to residential space.
- The ‘Garden’ building has a retail space and SME space and stands 10 storeys high. Its first floor features a gym and lounge for residents, and three large landscaped podium gardens as well as residential units.
- The ‘Station’ building, which is named because of it’s proximity to the existing Wandsworth Town Rail Station, has a large retail space and residential entrance lobby on its ground. This building stands at 15 storeys high.
Core Five Added Value
- Core Five lead an extensive value engineering exercise in order to bring further value to the scheme.
- Façade review formed a large part of this exercise, reveal depths and review of balcony strategy resulted in significant savings.
- Extensive MEP value engineering was also carried out, this included review of heating and cooling strategy, review of lighting and sanitary ware specifications and rainwater recovery methodology.