The refurbishment of Hammersmith’s notable structure, The Ark, is primarily focused on creating high-quality CAT A office space and striving for a BREEAM “Excellent” rating. This is intended to maintain the importance of the building locally and ensure its ongoing use as a significant architectural feature in Hammersmith.
The project centres around prioritizing the needs of the end-users. It includes various improvements such as upgraded landscaping and entrances to provide additional space, the introduction of a new reception area and café to enhance the building’s amenities, renovated rooftop terraces, the establishment of a new area for bicycle storage, and the inclusion of a gym and changing facilities.
Key Project Features
- Rated BREEAM Excellent
- Rated Wired Score Gold
- New reception, café and lounge area with two atriums
- New End of Journey facilities
- Re-designed exterior entrance to the building
- Re-purposed 5,000 sqft of external terraces from Level 5 – 9
Core Five Added Value
- Drawing from our substantial expertise in office refurbishment projects, Core Five provided valuable insights into costs and design parameters during both the feasibility and cost planning phases. This guidance enabled the Client to strategically allocate resources within the project, thus upholding the project budget effectively
- Our procurement guidance enabled the Client to secure competitive pricing from four contractors. Through thorough analysis and examination of the submitted bids, we assured the client of obtaining value for their budget while adhering to the scope outlined in the initial tender
- By closely overseeing site variations, we effectively scrutinized costs to guarantee genuine value for the Client. The issue of comprehensive cost reports allowed the Client to track project expenses, leading to the agreement of a Final Account that aligned within their budget