The Broadway is a prime residential driven, mixed-use development that combines residential, retail and commercial space over two podium buildings incorporating 6 residential towers. Designed by Squire & Partners, the six striking residential towers are a new landmark along the Westminster skyline. Delivered by Main Contractor, Multiplex, The Broadway completed in August 2022.
Key Project Features
- The development comprises of six buildings ranging from 14 to 19 storeys housed on two podiums comprising office and retail space. The buildings have been paired, defined by their external envelopes and named after three of the worlds most precious diamonds, The Sancy, The Paragon and The Cullinian each feature façade, representing a jewel in Westminster’s Crown.
- In keeping with its prestigious, The Broadway boasts a particularly complex external envelope which includes trapezium shaped concrete and glazed units with the feature two towers, buildings 3 and 5 incorporating a golden mesh weave integrated into the glazed façade units.
Core Five Added Value
- Communication of cost advice around complex façade solutions delivered simply empowering the design team and client to meet their budget and design aspiration. Particularly on feature buildings where design and cost innovation became critical.
- Delivery of a hybrid single stage tender solution on a major mixed use high-end residential project achieving the maximum possible cost fixity for the client at commencement of Main Contractor Works
- Development and deployment of strategic procurement strategy to align with the clients requirements and ensure key criteria around cost, programme and quality are all achieved.
- All provisional sums procured within or under the clients budget whilst also navigating the difficult marketplace of Brexit and Covid.
- Final account was agreed prior to practical completion.