The extensive refurbishment of 127 Kensington High Street comprising mixed-use office and retail space. The existing 4 storey building was demolished down to the Level 3 slab and the existing facade was removed in its entirety. The new building extended both upwards and outwards to create 5 standard upper floors, a mezzanine level and a plant level at Level 6. A retail arcade at Ground Level links Wrights Lane with High Street Kensington London Underground Station with the retailer, Boots, remaining in-situ and operational throughout construction.
Key Project Features
- Improved end of journey facilities were introduced to include cycle parking and high spec shower and changing facilities.
- A full CAT A fit-out is provided with part-exposed services and an exposed concrete frame.
- The building includes smart technology including, but not limited to, contactless access, heating controls and energy usage monitoring.
- The existing basement is maintained, however, with significant layout changes. The building now offers roof terraces with paving, benches and intensive planting.
- The building has achieved BREEAM Excellent, WELL Gold and an EPC B rating.
Core Five Added Value
- Works procured within 1% of cost plan budget
- Post-contract extension of building achieved within budget
- Assisted in managing the Clients appraisal
- 20% of change related costs demonstrated as excessive
- Successfully agreed significant number of post-contract change (13% of CSA) as the works progressed
- Fast-track contract negotiations to facilitate change of Client