The re-development of the island site behind one of London’s most iconic landmarks, Piccadilly Lights. The works include the delivery of a mixed-use seven storey building, with two basement levels; which comprises 110,000sqft office space, 300sqft residential, 30,000sqft of retail and 20 rooftop terraces. Works were completed under a demolition and enabling works contract and a main works contract.
Key Project Features
- During both the demolition and re-build works the safeguarded tenants and the Piccadilly Lights remain fully operational onsite
- Deconstruction of listed and heritage facades that were to be catalogued and reinstated
- Mixture of 10 different façade types; including precast, unitised and glazed systems
- Set to achieve BREEAM Excellent rating for commercial space as a result of it incorporation of green spaces and natural light from the central atrium. The 20 terraces are set to home circa 600 species of plants.
Core Five Added Value
- Main works were procured under a single stage design and build contract which included pre-procured packages under Pre-Construction Services Agreement with fixed costs.