The scheme sees the refurbishment of Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). The project includes the refurbishment of an existing building to create laboratory and research facilities, new kitchen and toilet provisions and refurbished office and teaching facilities. A new link between the two buildings has been created and create new research area and workstation area within the existing AME building GF with revision to existing office space on FF. External works include roof replacement, drainage and schedule of maintenance repairs.
Key Project Features
- The scheme includes the refurbishment of existing technical space and the coordination of interfaces with complex machinery
- The project is being delivered in an operational environment
Core Five Added Value
- Core Five were appointed to renegotiate the tender with main contractor. Core Five worked with design team to understand and clarify tender / contract documentation and coordinating change to ensure that the agreed contract was clear in terms of design, programme, cost and contract.
- Core Five successfully negotiated the contract to within the budget to ensure that the project could proceed with confidence ensuring that client and contractor were certain of deliverables.
- The project was negotiated during the Covid-19 pandemic where cost uncertainty was prevalent and Core Five’s approach ensured market driven deadlines were achieved and risk allocated and bought appropriately.
- Core Five manage the total project costs, which includes incorporation of client direct works.