A new multi-use performance venue in the heart of Derby, providing a space geared towards concerts, performances, conferences, and exhibitions. The principles follow previously delivered ‘small arena’ schemes at Swansea and Hull.
the venue will offer c.2,000 fixed (upper tier) and retractable (lower tier) seats in a total capacity of 3,500.
An Operator-lead procurement model created a commercially viable brief agreed by the end user at the start of the project, allowing the design and procurement process to focus on hitting the value-drivers for the end user and avoiding late operator-driven change.
Key Project Features
- Forms part of the Becketwell regeneration of this part of Derby city centre
- Low cost venue solution
- Proximity to BT Exchange building
- Sloping site provides constraints (such as levels of service yard) and opportunities (such as bringing users in higher up the building)
Core Five Added Value
- Assisted in Operator Lead Procurement process
- Business case built on experience for Hull & Swansea, benchmarking with recent and relevant costs gives confidence to Feasibility Studies
- Detailed FFE schedules and responsibility splits between contractor, developer and operator