Cornwall Road is a BTR-led mixed use development for Grainger PLC in Waterloo, ranging from nine to eleven storeys. The Development includes homes, residents’ amenity, gym and commercial office spaces as well as a new space for The Old Vic theatre to rehearse and work.
Key Project Features
- The highly symmetrical building is “U” shaped split into two side blocks and one central block. In the centre of the “U” is a single storey podium, with landscaped gardens at first floor and car and cycle parking
- A challenging aspect of this project is that it will be delivered over two phases, and is split into four blocks which are structurally independent. The first phase will deliver one block in isolation, with the second phase and remaining blocks to follow directly after.
- An key feature of the building is the handset brickwork, complemented by precast surrounds framing the windows
- Third party interfaces
Core Five Added Value
- Core Five have developed and led the procurement strategy for this phased scheme under a single contract whilst maximising best value.
- Due to project constraints, phase 2 cannot commence without the completion of phase 1 which has brought challenges and has required a hybrid procurement approach