Hox Park is a new student community set within a stunning elevated parkland overlooking the river Thames. The scheme comprises of 499nr studio and en-suite student bedrooms organised within 5 buildings located with and accessible to a series of ‘collegiate’ landscaped courtyards. The rooms set a new standard in the quality of student accommodation in Egham. The landscape provides an opportunity for young people to socialise and interact as well as the perfect backdrop for quiet study.
Key Project Features
- The choice of materials, such as textured brick and stone, and the massing of the scheme was determined by the relationship with the adjacent Grade II* Air Forces memorial and its gardens and the desire to complement the outstanding landscape setting.
- The project utilised a fully off-site fabricated pre-cast concrete superstructure, as well as bathroom and kitchen pods, which brought bring a number of benefits in terms of cost, programme, resilience and environmental impact.
- The project scope also included the conversion of a listed building into a student clubhouse and amenity space that was an ‘Instagram’ hit on launch day!
Core Five Added Value
- Core Five provided pre and post contract cost consultancy and Employer’s Agent services from the initial feasibility through to practical completion. Our services included an extensive VE exercises.
- The Final Account was agreed within 1% of the Stage D Cost Plan Budget.
- All strategic milestones achieved, and the construction programme was completed in time for the target academic year intake.