Kaleidoscope offers a sustainable, tech-friendly workplace conveniently located above Farringdon East Elizabeth Crossrail Station, successfully let in 2021 to Social Media firm, TikTok. The development is enclosed in a glazed, multi-coloured, terracotta façade, a playful reference to the painted ironwork at neighbouring Smithfield Market. The building offers 88,500ft² of lettable office space together with cafes on the ground floor and a roof terrace overlooking the historic Smithfield Market.
Key Project Features
- The first over-station development to be completed on the Crossrail line
- BREEAM Excellent and Wired Score Platinum targeted
- The office floors have an exposed steel frame with the ceiling grid consisting of rafts that infill between beams
Core Five Added Value
- Accelerated two-stage approach to procurement enabled our Client to maintain a very challenging programme for the delivery of the finished building whilst transferring cost and delivery risk to the contractor under a Design & Build form of contract
- Thereafter a very robust change control process ensured control of the costs was maintained within an environment where third party stakeholder interests and requirements were intense