Lee Valley Ice Centre is the construction of a new facility containing two Olympic sized ice pads, following the demolition and site clearance of the existing facility. In addition to the twin ice pads and associated changing facilities, the building also includes a cafe both open to the facilities users and public, along with a gym and dance studios.
Key Project Features
- Use of grey water harvesting by reusing ice pad water runoff on irrigation system to the façade.
- Enhancement to local landscape by providing additional trees; bug hotels and insect houses.
- London’s first twin-Olympic sized ice pads
Core Five Added Value
- Reverse engineered Project Brief to fit available Budget
- Pushed known VE options to ensure the Client benefitted from savings.
- Provided advice to achieve the shortest possible tendering programme whilst also maintaining the OJEU timeframe requirements
- Engaged with the market to establish the key protocols and tender information requirements required to achieve maximum interest in a single stage D&B approach in a market that had typically rejected this in favour of two-stage. This resulted in a strong tender list of contractors prepared to participate in a single stage approach, which was against the market norms at the time.
- Adapted the procurement strategy to respond to market changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Works were procured through a robust and auditable process to support our Client with the OJEU procurement process.
- Works were procured within the Client’s budget, by ensuring enough market interest was generated enabling a competitive process.