One Blackfriars is a landmark riverside tower on the South Bank within the London Borough of Southwark. The development consists of three buildings, at its centre is a 170m tall residential tower (52 storeys), making it one of the tallest residential buildings in Europe. The building’s form and facade is highly distinctive within the City’s skyline.
Key Project Features
- The facade is a twin wall system comprising of circa 5,500 nr curved glazed panels (in many cases the panels are curved in more than one plane).
- The tower provides 274nr homes, with basement parking and resident leisure facilities which includes swimming pool, spa, gym and cinema.
- There are two other buildings on the site. The podium building provides retail and restaurant accommodation, while the third building is the 161-bedroom Bankside Hotel. All three buildings encircle a public plaza at ground level.
Core Five Added Value
- The key packages of basement and façade (which equated to c. 30% of construction cost) were procured within budget forecasts
- Early procurement of key packages ahead of Main Contractor’s appointment mitigated unwarranted risk premiums during final negotiations
- Engagement by our Employer’s Agent ahead main contract agreement facilitated the development of robust ERs and contract amendments