The Bellhouse Building, named after academic entrepreneur Professor Brian Bellhouse, is located in The Oxford Science Park and forms an extension to the Magdalen Centre. The new space offers office and laboratory accommodation and is constructed within external landscaping, parking, pedestrian, and planting areas. The laboratory enabled building provides a flexible working space for innovative science and technology SME’s, which now forms part of the most influential science and technology environments in the UK.
Key Project Features
- The frame solution has been developed to maximise space, floor heights and accommodate services with column free lab space
- Goods lift facilities sized to provide access for distributing standard lab equipment and riser sizes to accommodate mechanical requirements including fume cupboard extract
Core Five Added Value
- The business case for this building dictated that it’s design needed to be firmly cost-led. Detailed value engineering with the design team was required to right-size the project to its budget without diminishing the quality of the finished product
- The contract was awarded within budget and then further savings were secured through detailed dialogue with the contractor over the approach to the engineering services design
- All of this was secured whilst maintaining our Client’s delivery programme