The project comprises a 145 key four star hotel over 6 floors with a signature restaurant and roof terrace on the seventh floor. The design includes a central open atrium within which is a ‘sculpture’ to provide light to the guestrooms and an interesting view at most levels.
Core Five Added Value
- The hotel shell and core was built as part of the adjacent residential tower development and as such the timing of procurement of the fit out to align with the completion of the shell and core was paramount
- Core Five spent a lot of time assisting the Client with ensuring that the shell and core was completed as designed so that the fit out contractor was able to carry out due diligence checks prior to commencing on site
- Although the shell and core contractually had a 12 month Rectification Period it was in no ones interest to have defects occurring or being covered up buy the fit out. To this end Practical Completion was rigorous to ensure minimal incomplete works and snagging
- One of Core Five’s primary roles during the initial stages of the hotel fit out was to hold weekly interface meeting between shell and core and fit out contractors. The contracts had been executed with amendments to ensure that both contractors were obligated to liaise and allow works / snagging to be carried out concurrently
- With a HS1 running adjacent to the site there were onerous constraints when carrying out works on the seventh floor terrace. It was up to Core Five to ensure that the contractor was adequately liaising with HS1 and their Agents including chairing meetings and ensuring the flow of RAMS and regulatory sign offs