We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint in any way we can. We do, however, know that it is not possible to achieve 100% carbon neutrality in our business. We, therefore, support charitable projects that sit within the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in order to offset our total company carbon footprint.
An annual staff survey is carried out, where each member of staff votes for their top three SDGs, allowing us to choose the projects that mean the most to us. So far our top SDGs have included:
- Good Health and Wellbeing
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Climate Action
- Life on Land
This has led to us being able to support a number of worthy carbon off-set projects that offer additional benefits such as; enhancing quality of education, investing in sanitary infrastructure in schools and community centres, augmenting medical and healthcare facilities, employment generation, and facilitating access to clean water. These projects are:
- 6 MW Solar Power Project, India – Offset: 137 tCO2
- 20 MW Biomass Power Project, India – Offset: 138 tCO2e
- 22.5 MW Wind Power Project, India – Offset: 137 tCO2e
- TerraClear – Clean Water Access Project, Laos – Offset: 146 tCO2e
Read more on how we operate as a Net Zero Carbon Firm.